Thursday 21 March 2013

DT Thursday - It's A Dog's Life.

Hello all and welcome to my scrapbooking blog.

Today , Thursday , is mx DT spot for Stamping Dragon Designs and I am continuing the current challenge theme with ' It's a Dog's Life'.

My digi kit comes from the Stamping Dragon range called  ' Pastel Swirls' and I have used the kit to show off this photo of Finn keeping watch while we are on holiday.



I tried to get my layout to show the great expanse of Spanish countryside on view so I chose to crop the photo to a landscape format and enlarged it to fit across the middle of a 12x12 canvas. I also chose a mediteranian colour combnation to set up the photo and to pick up on the bright sunshine and warmth of our holiday roost.   I added  bronze and green gem flourish and a piece of  ribbon to anchor the photo on the page. Both elements are part of this kit too.  I then 'tore' a piece from another digi paper and used this to decorate the top left-hand corner to balance the page.  I added some paw prints, a title and text to finish the layout. Not a bad layout I think :)

 I know I keep banging on about digi-kits but I have found them so versatile and good value. Also so easy on the storage.  I use photoshop, some prefer other photo manipulating applications, but whatever you use, I think digi- kits for scrapbooking are a revelation!  I think I'm going over to the Dark Side of Scrapbooking.

Don't forget to pop over to the Stamping Dragon  blog to check out the challenge and remember your entry does not have to be a scrap page. Looking forward to seeing you there.


Thanks for stopping by to visit and read my blog. Your time and comments are appreciated.

Angela.x






1 comment:

Im just me - Marleen said...

Fantastic LO hun. Love the landscape pic hun, really make sit stand out xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...