Thursday 21 March 2013

The REAL Paddy's DAY - Lasting Memories Challenge- Use GREEN

Hello and welcome to my scrapbooking blog.


My second post today is a digital scrapbook page of my husband celebrating his 60th birthday ( I'm sure he won't mind me telling you his age) in March 2012.  Born on the 15th of March and called Patrick, he takes birthdays seriously and makes sure that the name Patrick, saint or not , is well known round about.

 In 2012 we lived in Germany and we marked this milestone occassion with a delicate soiree, inviting the neighbours to an afternoon of watching Ireland play Rugby, followed by some lessons in Irish dancing and ending the evening with  renditions of well known Irish ballads helped a long with a few drops of the Uisce Beatha ( Water of life) or Whisky if you like and  the sinking of a fews pints of the black stuff.   A good time was had by all if the aftermath was to be believed and we promised to do it all over again the next time Pat has a 60th!   Livers and kidneys probably needed that time to recover.

It was a great day and a great way to celebrate with family and friends in what has passed into the history of a little german village that may well never recover from the invasion of Celts.




For this layout I've used papers from Janette Padley's digi scrap kits from Stamping Dragon. I created the green and gold banner using my photoshop cookie-cutter and a journallind card from another freebie kit( sorry I can't remember from where.


This is my entry for the  Lasting Memories use Green challenge currently running over at their blog.


Thanks for stopping by to visit and read my blog. I love hearing from you so don't forget to leave me a comment.


Angela x






3 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

Wow that's a lot of celebrating. Thanks for sharing

Michele said...

What a great digi layout! What a fab idea with the 60 bottles for turning 69. Love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

Unknown said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration! My adopted son is of Irish Heritage and we live in a town that has a high school with Shamrocks as a Masdcot so we take St Pat's Day seriously too! What a great special memory!

Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
Elizabeth LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...