Monday 29 April 2013

Stampin' with the Dragon - New Challenge - Spring Has Sprung.

Hello and welcome to my crafty blog.

Today I am  posting my DT project for the new challenge starting over at the Stamping Dragon Designs challenge blog Stampin'with the Dragon. The theme this time is 'SPRING HAS SPRUNG'.

Stamping Dragon Designs also sponsor this challenge and the prize for the winner is a £5 voucher to the




My digital scrapbook page was created using the Spring Fever digital kit and the Spring Lamb digital stamp from Stamping Dragon Designs.  I have been teaching myself some new tricks with my Photoshop software and I wanted to incorporate the new skills into the layout today. My  inspiration came from traditional scrapbooking and the various borders and embellishments created with punches and wanting to create that on my layouts. 


Through the magic of Youtube I found a tutorial on how to make Clipping Masks. I only have Photoshop and I am learning something new everyday (almost) so I don't know how this would work for someone who has a specific software  for crafting.  My advice is to check out Youtube as someone is sure to have posted an easy to follow tutorial for your software.

Anywhoo, Clipping Masks allow you to create shapes or text from photos or in this case digital backing papers from Stamping Dragon Designs.  Clipping Masks add interest to photos and allow you to create interesting shapes outside of the standard geometrical cookie-cutter templates.

My 12x12 inch background was set-up with a solid complimentary colour to my chosen papers. Following the tutorial, I created the scalloped border and cropped it to fit the existing canvas size. I then digitally trimmed a strip of contrasting paper to form a band across the scalloped border to add interest. The digital kit comes with some sweet posies designed by Janette Padley and I used these to make my bouquet of Tulips and Crocus. I also used the bouquet image as an overlay to take the plain colour out of the background. The frame, also included in the kit was decorated with some panels of papers and the final touch of the digitally coloured cute Spring Lamb completes the picture.

I am pleased with this and I hope you are inspired to get more out of your photo-editing or crafting software.

This layout could also be used as a square card topper, replacing the lovely Spring Lamb with your favourite Spring image or photo.


Don't forget to pop over to the  Stamping Dragon Designs   blog and check out the DT projects created with the same Kit and Digital Stamp using both traditional crafting and digital skills.

Thank your for taking the time to visit and read my blog. Your time and comments are appreciated.

Angela x

5 comments:

Maya Ariffin said...

This is so cute!! :) Yes, when you learn something new, it's a bless right? I guess I'm lucky as my husband love photoshop! Lol!

Maya xx

Tina said...

Gorgeous! just gorgeous. love the floral accent! Hugs Tina xx

mand said...

Gorgeous card. Amanda x

TRACEY MO said...

Very cute swet lo hun love the colours too.

Tracey x

Heather W. said...

Very cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...