Friday 21 March 2014

Stamping Dragon - New Challenge 'Bling It up'


Hello and welcome to my Scrapbooking Blog.

My post today is my DT Scrap-pge for the new challenge starting today over at the Stamping Dragon Challenge blog and the theme is Bling It Up.


The fabulous Stamping Dragon  Designs are the sponsors of this challenge and offer  a voucher for the winner to be spent in the Stamping Dragon on line store.




I have chosen to use the latest kit from Stamping Dragon called 'Home Tweet Home' for my background  and complimentary papers and embellishments.


How to 'Bling Up'  a digital was a bit of a challenge in its-self, but using my Photoshop photo-editing tool, I created some pink diamond swirls that ties in with the colour palette from the  ' Home Tweet Home' kit.

Don't forget, although I am creating this layout in a Digital format, you can still print, cut and lay out your scrap- page  in a similar way using traditional scrapbooking methods.

The subject of the Scrap-page are my lovely In-Laws on their wedding day, cutting the cake and looking so young and happy. .

My background is the lovely distressed green paper in the kit with a strip of the pink patterned paper to add  some contrast colour. Trying to keep the focus on the photo, I added some butterflies and my digital diamond swirls to add a bit of Fizz to the layout, together with a home-made digital lace border created by combining some Cookie Cutter shapes to form a lace band.  The oval frame also came from the Photoshop options and I just coloured it to blend with the papers and embellishments.





Pop along to the Stamping Dragon Challenge blog and check out the amazing DT projects to inspire you.  soem great Teamie makes to see here.

So now it is up to you. Remember to check out the rules and link your entry back to the challenge blog and one more thing...join in and have fun !!


Thanks you for stopping by to read  and comment on my blog. Your comments are always appreciated.

1 comment:

Gwyneth said...

A really great digital layout. I love the fact that you've been able to add digital "bling" that looks so real.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...