Friday 7 March 2014

Stamping Dragon New Challenge - Let's Go Green!

 Hallo All and welcome to my Scrapbooking Blog.


I'm afraid that the job got priority this week and crafting had to take, not quite a back seat, just sit off to the the side but still in my eyeline sort of position. If you follow my drift.. 

My post today is my  digital DT piece for the new challenge over at the Stamping Dragon Challenge Blog - Let's go Green and the paper pack is called 'Luck of the Irish'.  Stamping Dragon are our great sponsors and the winner of the challenge gets to shop in the on-line store with a 5 GBP voucher!



 


I've chosen a photo of my Mum, Auntie and myself during a day out in Dublin taking the delights of the Guinness Gravity Bar, where you a free pint at the end of the tour... Result !!! As you ca see from the smiles we were a happy bunch as we sat  in the bar with fantastic views across Dublin City, sipping Guinness.




Cheers
 
I love the mixture of the dark and light greens. I selected the  block colours for my  background / base as I felt the photo had already a lot going on in it. Using my photo shop Cookie Cutter feature I created a Clipping Mask to make the row of shamrocks and used the green tarten buttons from the digi-kit to add interest.  A strip of the multistripe paper was cropped to create the support for the photo and the thin band of orange from the Playtime Paper Pack  added a dash of colour.  I added  three  more buttons to the top right -hand corner  and a larger shamrock to act as the tag that is slotted behind the photo.   It was a great day and this photo is a great memory. And that's what scrapbooking is all about.

Don't forget that although I am creating this page digitally, the papers and embellishments can be printed and cut and punched as desired and used in the traditional scrapbooking  way.


Now it's your turn. Check out the challenge blog and be inspired. Don't forget to check out the rules and remember to link your entry directly back to the challenge blog. And of course Good Luck!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...