Saturday 8 November 2014

Dragon's Lair Designs - NEW CHALLENGE - Autumn Colours



Hello and Welcome to  my Scrapbooking Blog.

If I believed in that sort of thing I would think the 'FATES' had it in for me.  I have had several false starts getting back into crafting and scrapbooking that made me think of giving up!   But along came this great new kit from Dragon's Lair Designs that got the interest really going again and got me back working with paper and glue.

Love / Hate
I love my job as it keeps me fresh, working with a great bunch of people and I enjoy what I do.
I hate my job as it keeps me away from my lovely crafty hobby and makes it difficult to focus the way I used to.
I love my house because it is in a beautiful part of Ireland on Lough Ree, with fabulous views and smack in the middle of the farming community and up close and personal with nature.
I hate, well sometimes dislike, my house because it needs a lot of TLC, some repairs and lots of decorating that keeps me from my lovely crafty hobby and makes it difficult to focus the way I used to.

Do we see a pattern emerging?  Other things in life did seem to conspire against me, nothing major, just frustrating, but it is amazing when added up, how it all takes the edge off creativity.

Things are much better, spirits are raising and but for the fact that the camera ran out of battery power when we had no spares, I would have got this post at the deadline. :-)...See what I mean ?!

So I am posting late for the new challenge that started over at Dragon's Lair Designs entitled 'Autumn Colours' to coincide with the launch of the new kit Francheska .
 
Dragons Lair Design Challenge
Dragon's Lair Designs
 
AUTUMN COLOURS

the prize this month is a £5 voucher for the DRAGONS LAIR STORE.

All entrants are asked to read the rules for the challenge and to remember that only one entry per person is permitted and don't forget to link to your blog to the challenge blog.


My DT project for the launch of the Francheska kit is a tag.

The kit has papers and embellishments that reflect the Autumn season in all its glory with great deep russets and golden reds and orange tones.

I hand cut the Francheska flowers taking care to keep the detail at the end of the petals. The flowers were first distressed with Ranger Vintage Photo ink then cut into the centre to create  individual petals. I used a cocktail stick to bend the petals into the shape I wanted. Three layers of the flower create the Zinnia shape with the centre made with seed pearls and Glossy Accents glue.  The heart shapes were made with the Tim Holtz heart die with the roughed edges distressed and outlined with a gold gel pen. I wrapped the hearts with gold wire and attached them to the red ribbon that looped around the tag. The label was made with a Papermania stamp and cut out. this was tied to the tag with burlap thread.


Distress Tag with Francheska papers and flowers


So now it is over to you.  Check out the Dragon's Lair challenge blog for the othere DT makes to get some great inspiration.  All this month the DT will be posting inspiration makes to get the creative juices flowing. Stop by on the Facebook page to see these great makes.

Thank you for stopping by to vist and reading my scrapbooking blog. Your time and comments are always appreciated and I look forward to seeing your makes on the challenge.

Angela x


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...